Adults Services

Adults Services 2017-02-27T21:33:23+00:00

Why Psychotherapy?

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) estimates that at least 25% of Americans meet the criteria for a psychological disorder during any given year. Does this mean that the other 75% are doing great? Probably not. Untreated mental health problems frequently worsen over time and eventually seriously impact each and every aspect of an individual’s life, through divorces, job problems, substance abuse issues and various other ways. Unlike medication, psychotherapy provides an opportunity to recover from anxiety, depression and other mental health problems while also teaching us to get better at relationships. Better relationships, better life. It’s actually that simple. Whatever hinders the full enjoyment of your life, prevention is worth a pound of cure, and then some.

Learn more by reading my article below

What Can I Expect?

Clients frequently feel some relief immediately after their first session. Expressing your thoughts and feelings freely can bring clarity to a seemingly intractable problem that’s been spinning around in your head. And really being listened to can be a powerful and life-changing experience. It can trigger deep emotions and provide insight into the cause of your problems as well as potential solutions. This applies whether you are working with me to improve your relationships or get relief from depression or anxiety.

But there is more to individual therapy than having someone to listen. I will provide you with some clear feedback and strategies. Together, we will design a plan for tackling your difficulties. While you might be aware of your own self-defeating patterns, breaking free of them requires more. I can help you connect with painful, entrenched emotions that have previously inhibited your growth. You will discover that your demons stop chasing you because now you are chasing them! At that point, real change and emotional freedom becomes possible.

Several of my clients have told me that they feel a lasting change within 3-6 months of weekly sessions, but length of time varies with the individual’s needs.